Friday, March 25, 2011

Texas: Meet Family and SXSW

Oscar and I recently flew to Texas. We flew into Houston to stay with his family, borrowed a car and drove to Austin for South by Southwest, and returned to Houston.

While packing, I realized that it was going to be 80+ degrees in TX, and got way, way too excited.  Typically, I can pack for more than a week in a carry-on suitcase, but not this time: I over-packed summer clothes: skirts and tank tops and leggings and tunics and dresses... it was a little nuts. And I got to wear flip-flops!


We had awesome family style barbecue food at a place called Salt Lick. The brisket was incredibly tender. I want more.


Oscar's family was nice, and a lot like my family. And (phew) they brew good, strong coffee. That's a pretty important thing...

Oscar has the recap of music and photos of things here

No comments:

Post a Comment