Wednesday, December 29, 2010

To Christmas and Back (or why I despise Delta)

Christmas was in Buffalo this year. We drove. It was nice to see all my family again. I did not manage to get wings this time, but instead ate a lot of pizza and Mighty Taco. On Christmas Day, we had a traditional dinner of roast beef on weck, which was as tasty as ever.

I flew out a couple days before New Years. I flew Delta. I hadn't flown Delta for 10 or 15 years, and then they lost our luggage for a few days, but I figured as long as I only took a carry-on, it would be fine. I even found a way to get the coffeepot and winter boots I received for Christmas into my carry-on. (And yes, you can get a coffeepot through security.)

Unfortunately, it was a very stressful flight, because (allegedly) no one showed up for work for Delta at the Buffalo airport, and everything was a disorganized mess. There was confusion about what gate we were supposed to leave from (even the pilots didn't know, so they figured out which gate had a plane outside it, and everyone just followed them, reasoning that the plane couldn't leave without the pilots). There was no boarding agents at either gate. After the flight was scheduled to depart, one boarding came over from another gate and let the pilots onto the plane, then boarded everyone. We boarded quickly and took off about 45 minutes late. It was pretty crappy. I barely made my connection, and the whole situation was really stressful.

I don't think I will ever fly Delta again.

No comments:

Post a Comment